Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Resolutions? What's that?!

I'm one of those people who doesn't follow to the letter the list of New Year's Resolutions I made for myself. But I believe in positive changes, no doubt about that.

It's just I get easily frustrated if a plan for a certain period of a year didn't happen. For example, I have been enrolled in a graduate school since 2008. I have already finished the required academic units since four years after I decided to pursue my master's degree. I am ready to write my thesis proposal then an unexpected event happened.

I became a father. It came earlier than I planned.

But I have no regrets. Having my own family is one of the treasures of my life. Yeah, things have to be prioritized aside from my own well being. And these priorities are considered for the welfare of my family. I am blessed to have a loving and charming wife and a lovable daughter.

It's just this graduate work that I need to finish within the year. The thesis proposal, the proposal defense, the thesis writing proper, and the thesis final defense. Can I do it within a semester?

It's part of my resolutions for this 2016. What if I couldn't make it? Oh no, fear strikes again.

That fear leads to nowhere. Strike out that fear!

But, I have to sleep now. It's 12:05 AM. Have to wake up at 5:00 AM.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment